Thursday, October 25, 2007

Studies for Cartoons

Here are some drawings I did while watching Alfred Hitchcock films. 9 DVDs for 15 bucks! Booya! I usually use pen when I doodle to keep me from getting hung up on erasing. Drawing from old films is thee best because it forces you to draw quickly.







10 bad drawings before I get a decent one

Here are some drawings of Sid Ceasar I did from pictures off of John K's blog I think (... it mighta been Eddie Fitzgerald's blog). Just studying gestures pushing the pose



Jonathan Winters is an old school comedian who is know for doing alot of improv with props. These drawings were done from a youtube video where he was petending to light a pen like a pipe.



Check out the movie "Its A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" it has Sid Ceasar, Jonathan Winters, Milton Berl, Spencer Tracy, Buddy Hacket, Mickey Rooney and tons of other old-school, funny-ass people

2 comments:

John Guy said...

Wow! Did you pause the DVDs to draw these or draw while it played? Either way these kick ass.

Anonymous said...

The hitchcock ones were done while the film played

The others were done from a still image

-john